Administrative Professionals Day Conference - Cultural Awareness & Generational Diversity
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
CULTURAL AWARENESS & GENERATIONAL DIFFERENCES IN THE WORKPLACE
April 26, 2017 * 8:30 AM TO 1 PM
(Breakfast & Lunch Included)
Dealing with cultural awareness and generational differences in the workplace means understanding and relating effectively with people who are different than you. The ability for a diverse group of people to build strength and unity through their diversity is the power that drives organizations to succeed. Our Administrative Professionals Day program will feature the following two sessions:
Cultural awareness is the ability to recognize the different beliefs, values and customs that someone has based on that person's origins, and it allows a person to build more successful personal and professional relationships in a diverse environment. A person's state, region or country of origin and local customs heavily influence cultural background. This session is for everyone from entry level to management. It provides clarity on definitions, an overview of diversity, the socialization process, understanding similarities and differences, the benefits of cultural awareness, generational differences, and awesome break-out sessions.
Generational Differences in the Workplace
Discussions of workplace diversity tends to start with the topics of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and disability. However, with so many different generations at work at the same time, the workplace is impacted in a major way. During this session, each generation will be discussed, in-depth, and the expectations and potential conflicts will be highlighted. In addition, you’ll learn solutions that can provide ways to help create a better environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Administrative Assistant
• Business/Office Managers
• Customer Service Representatives
• Executive Assistants
• Front Desk Staff
• HR Coordinators, Specialists, Associates
• Meeting Planners
• Office Assistants and Clerks
• Office Managers
• Anyone You Wish to Honor!
1. An organization’s success and competitiveness depends upon its ability to embrace diversity and realize the benefits.
2. Organizations employing a diverse workforce can supply a greater variety of solutions to problems in service, sourcing, and allocation of resources.
3. Employees from diverse backgrounds bring individual talents and experiences in suggesting ideas that are flexible in adapting to fluctuating markets and customer demands.
4. A workforce composed of different age demographics creates an environment where each generation brings different skills and talents to the table.
5. A diverse workforce that feels comfortable communicating varying points of view provides a larger pool of ideas and experiences.
6. Companies that encourage diversity in the workplace inspire all of their employees to perform to their highest ability.
Register online or call (864) 646-1700.
08:21:53.69 ACECODE.ONPROCESSINIT coursestatus