Earthwork and Base Course Technician
Registration & Payment Information:
Non-SCDOT Employees: Payment may be made by either check or credit card, but please note that only online payment by credit card at the time of registration guarantees immediate registration in the class.
- Credit Card Payment: Please wait until you are ready to enter credit card information for payment before clicking on either "Enroll..." link. If you have previously registered for a class with us but don't know your username and password, please click here for help. To pay with a credit card, please click on the applicable link on this page for either "Enroll Yourself" or "Enroll Someone Else" and follow the instructions for credit card payment. Registration will be complete immediately unless a credit card processing error occurs (you would receive an error message).
- Check Payment: If you are mailing a check, please click the back arrow to go back one page and then register for the "Interest List" course for this class. On the check, please include the name of the student, the name of the course, and the requested dates of the course. Please note that when paying by check, a spot in a particular class section cannot be guaranteed until the College receives your check. Upon receipt of the check, if the section you requested is still available, you will be registered in that section; if it is not still available, you will be contacted about the next available section. Checks should be mailed to Tri-County Technical College, CCE Division - SCDOT Dept., P.O. Box 587, Pendleton, SC 29670.
SCDOT Employees Only: Please click on the "Billing and Registration Form" link below, complete the form, and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. All registered SCDOT employees will be billed SCDOT on the first day of class. If you have any questions about registration, please contact our Customer Resource Center at 864-646-1700 or email@example.com.
Billing and Registration Form CEUs: 3.75 Hours: 37.50
NEW Field Test Requirements (effective 7/23/18):
- Participants must score 100% on each individual field test during the field demonstration portion.
- Sampling of Coarse and Fine Aggregate (SC-T-1 and SC-T-2)
- Moisture Content with Speedy Moisture Tester (SC-T-22)
- One-Point Proctor (SC-T-29)
- Density with Nuclear Gauge (SC-T-31)
- If the participant either performs at least one step of the field test procedure incorrectly or skips at least one step of the field test procedure, the participant fails that field test.
- For each field test, that participant will have the opportunity for one "re-take" and one "withdraw/re-start" that same day.
- A "re-take" may be utilized when a participant fails a field test. Only one "re-take" is allowed per individual field test procedure.
- A "withdraw/re-start" may also be utilized when a participant realizes DURING the field test procedure that he/she incorrectly performed a step or forgot a step and indicates this to the test proctor prior to the completion of that field test. In this instance, the participant may request to "withdraw" and re-start that field test from the beginning without it counting as a "re-take". Only one "withdraw/re-start" is allowed per field test procedure.
- You are not considered registered until payment is received by the College.
- Bring handheld calculator with you.
- Handheld calculator required for class and written exam.
- Cell phones may not be used as your calculator during the written exam.
- SCDOT Standard Specifications book required for written exam.
- If you have previously attended any asphalt or earthwork SCDOT certification course administered by Tri-County Technical College, you have already received a copy of the required SCDOT Standard Specifications. Please bring your copy with you.
- If this is your first SCDOT certification class through Tri-County Technical College, you will be given a copy of selected sections of the SCDOT Standard Spec book in class.
- Starts at 9:00 am on the first day of class and at 8:30 am on subsequent days.
- Prerequisite for EVERYONE attending for INITIAL certification: signed experience form (this form is not required for re-certification attendees).
- Additional prerequisite for SCDOT attendees only: SCDOT Math Certification.
- Prerequisites may be submitted via fax (864-646-2046) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If prerequisites are not submitted by 2 weeks prior to the class start date, the individual may be dropped from the class.
There are 4 openings remaining at this time.
|Dates:||June 17-20, 2019 Other Dates|
|Meets:||M 9AM-5PM; Tu, W, & Th 8:30AM-5:30PM, 4 sessions|
Courses in this Package
Earthwork and Base Course Technician Nuclear Gauge Haz-Mat Certification (June 17, 2019)
Earthwork and Base Course Technician SC-T-1 & 2 Stockpile Field Test (June 20, 2019)
Earthwork and Base Course Technician SC-T-22 Speedy Field Test (June 20, 2019)
Earthwork and Base Course Technician SC-T-29 Proctor Field Test (June 20, 2019)
Earthwork and Base Course Technician SC-T-31 Nuclear Gauge Field Test (June 20, 2019)
Earthwork and Base Course Technician Written Exam (June 20, 2019)
Total cost: $795.00