Earthwork and Base Course Technician
Registration & Payment Information:
Paying by Credit Card, Debit Card, or Electronic Check: Credit and debit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 2.75% service charge. To avoid this service charge, you may also choose to pay online by electronic check (bank routing number and checking or savings account number required). For all online payment options, please click on the applicable link at the bottom of this page for "Enroll Yourself" or "Enroll Someone Else" and follow the instructions. If you have previously registered for a class with us but don't know your username or password, please click here for help.
Paying by Check: Please complete this Billing and Registration Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your check request to your business office. When paying by check you will only be registered in the course once we receive either your actual check or a copy of your check request to your business office. Please include the name of the student and the name and dates of the course on your check.
SCDOT Employees Only: If you are interested in a course that is full, or if there are no available sections of your desired course, please go back to the course list page and enroll in the Interest Course* or email email@example.com for more information. If you wish to enroll in a course that still has open seats (not marked as "Closed" on our website), please complete this Billing and Registration Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All registered SCDOT employees will be billed to SCDOT on the first day of class.
Not Ready to Pay or No Available Sections: If you are either not ready to pay, or if you want to register and there are not available sections, please go back to the course list page and enroll in the Interest Course* or email email@example.com for more infomation.
*Note: By registering for the Interest Course, you are not guaranteed a seat; payment is required to ensure registration.CEUs: 3.75 Hours: 37.50
- Participants must score 100% on each individual field test during the field demonstration portion.
- Sampling of Coarse and Fine Aggregate (SC-T-1 and SC-T-2)
- Moisture Content with Speedy Moisture Tester (SC-T-22)
- One-Point Proctor (SC-T-29)
- Density with Nuclear Gauge (SC-T-31)
- If the Participant either performs at least one step of the field test procedure incorrectly or skips at least one step of the field test procedure, the participant fails that field test.
- For each field test, that participant will have the opportunity for one "re-take" and one "withdraw/re-start" that same day.
- A "re-take" may be utilized when a participant fails a field test. Only one "re-take" is allowed per individual field test procedure.
- A "withdraw/re-start" may also be utilized when a participant realizes DURING the field test procedure that he/she incorrectly performed a step or forgot a step and indicates this to the test proctor prior to the completion of that field test. In this instance, the participant may request to "withdraw" and re-start that field test from the beginning without it counting as a "re-take". Only one "withdraw/re-start" is allowed per field test procedure.
- Handheld calculator required for written exam.
- Note: Cell phones may not be used as your calculator during the written exam.
- Please bring your copy of the SCDOT Standard Specifications with you to class - it is required for the written exam.
- Note: If this is the first SCDOT certification course you have attended, you will be given a copy of selected sections of the SCDOT Standard Specifications book in class.
- Starts at 9:00 am on the first day of class and at 8:30 am on subsequent days.
- Prerequisite for EVERYONE attending for INITIAL certification: signed experience form (this form is not required for re-certification attendees)
- Additional prerequisite for SCDOT attendees only: SCDOT Math Certification
- Prerequisites may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If prerequisites are not submitted by 2 weeks prior to the class start date, the student may be dropped from the class.
There is only one opening remaining at this time.
|Dates:||June 17-20, 2019 Other Dates|
|Meets:||M 9AM-5PM; Tu, W, & Th 8:30AM-5:30PM, 4 sessions|
Courses in this Package
Total cost: $795.00