Defensive Driving: Point Reduction
Dates: May 4, 2019
Meets: Sa from 8:15 AM to 5:15 PM
Location: IB 126 - Pendleton Campus, IBDC Building
There is only one opening remaining at this time.
South Carolina Point Reduction Program
You will learn how to avoid accidents by recognizing situations where accidents are most likely to occur and how to react defensively. Developed by the National Safety Council and taught by NSC certified instructors. Class can only be taken once every three years for point reduction.
Completion of the National Safety Council's Defensive Driving 8-Hour Course can be used for up to a four point reduction in a driver's Motor Vehicle Record.
If you have received a citation and have not forfeited the required fee but intend to appear in court, the class must be completed after this court date and after the points have been posted to your driving record. That is, if the points are not posted to your driving record at the time the Highway Department receives notification of the course being completed, no credit will be given. We will not make any adjustments or delays in reporting the actual date that you complete this course.
- Point reduction is good once every three (3) years.
- If an individual has one, two, or three points assessed against his/her Motor Vehicle Record and the individual requests point reduction, he/she will be given however many points showing on their MVR at this time, and will not be eligible to receive point reduction again for three (3) years.
- South Carolina law allows up to twelve (12) points before license suspension occurs.
- The Defensive Driving Course cannot be used to reinstate a point suspension that has terminated. Suspension candidates are notified by the South Carolina Department of Public Safety and given a date in which they may be reinstated. After this date they are not eligible for point reduction.
- When the South Carolina Department of Public Safety issues a suspension notice and point reduction has been submitted, the individual should not drive until he/she has contacted the Driver Service Department, or has received a renewal driver license.
- The Defensive Driving Course is taught throughout South Carolina at the Technical College System locations. Individuals completing the Defensive Driving Course at any of these locations will automatically receive a point reduction unless they request otherwise. All Technical College point reduction rosters are submitted weekly to the South Carolina Highway Department.
- If time is critical in the point reduction process, the entire, original Completion Certificate should be hand carried to the Driver Service Window at 1630 Shop Road in Columbia, SC.
- All questions regarding driver license status or violation information
should be referred to Driver Service at 803-896-5000.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration/Tuition||$ 89.00|
IB 126 - Pendleton Campus, IBDC BuildingThe Industrial Business Development Center (IBDC) is located on the main campus in Pendleton. Parking is available near the IBDC in "Lot I" and "Lot E" (https://www.tctc.edu/media/4904/145334-campus-map-color.pdf).
Please complete a parking permit form (https://www.tctc.edu/media/3277/tctc-pendleton-campus-parking-permit.pdf) and place it on the dashboard of your vehicle while parked on campus.
The physical location of Tri-County Technical College (TCTC) Pendleton campus is 7900 Highway 76 East, Pendleton, SC 29670.
Lodging information for SCDOT Courses Only: (https://www.tctc.edu/programs/corporate-and-community-education/scdot-programs/scdot-general-information/).
|05/04/2019||Saturday||8:15 AM to 5:15 PM||IB 126 - Pendleton Campus, IBDC Building|