What is WorkKeys?
WorkKeys is a series of assessments that measure the skills that are crucial for job success. Testing includes the following skill areas:
Applied Math (Formerly Applied Mathematics)
The Applied Math assessment measures critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, and problem solving techniques for situations that actually occur in today’s workplace. While individuals may use calculators and conversion tables to help with the problems on the assessment, math skills are still needed to think them through.
Graphic Literacy (Formerly Locating Information)
Workplace graphics come in a variety of formats, but all communicate a level of information. From charts to graphs, diagrams to floor plans, identifying what information is being presented and understanding how to use it are critical to success. The Graphic Literacy assessment measures the skill needed to locate, synthesize, and use information from workplace graphics.
Workplace Documents (Formerly Reading for Information
Employees need to be able to understand written text to do a job. The Workplace Documents assessment measures the skills people use when they read and use written text such as memos, letters, directions, signs, notices, bulletins, policies, and regulations on the job.
These assessments are viewed by employers as the most important skills needed for any occupation. Successful completion in all three skill areas will result in a Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
Why take WorkKeys?
- Find jobs that fit your skills and interests.
- Better determine your skill improvements and training needs.
- Improve your opportunities for career changes and advancement.
- Attach your CRC to your resume and show employers concrete proof of the skills you have achieved.
- Rely on a nationally recognized hiring resource used by companies throughout Upstate SC.
NOTE: Tri-County Technical College ONLY offers the internet version of the WorkKeys assessment(s).
Need Help Preparing for WorkKeys?
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum
ACT WorkKeys Curriculum helps individuals build the essential career-relevant skills needed for learning, personal development and effective job performance. It’s the only curriculum built from the ground up to align with the WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate® assessments.
The courses are delivered via a personalized, mobile-based learning management system. The platform delivers a meaningful learning experience and provides users with a customized study schedule and detailed instructional content.
Discover the benefits:
· Efficient for teachers and students
· Addresses individual learning styles
· Systematic learning
· Applied Math: Builds the ability to apply mathematic principles to problems encountered in the workplace
· Graphic Literacy: Builds the ability to find, analyze and apply information presented in workplace graphics
· Workplace Documents: Builds the ability to understand and apply written information presented in the workplace
Our WorkKeys Curriculum is a free, comprehensive, easy-to-use system for improving the basic skills measured by WorkKeys. Using the WorkKeys Curriculum, you can assess your potential WorkKeys score, review topics in each WorkKeys skill area and practice problems similar to those on an actual WorkKeys assessment.
To register, call (864) 646-1700.
|No courses currently scheduled.|